Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Why do you worship Him?
really, ask yourself that question... let me help you along with this MCQ questionaire...
Do you worship God:
a) because of the blessings God has blessed you with/ the blessings God can bless you with
b) simply for who He is
c) because the bible says so
d) because everybody does so
if your answer is (a), then let me ask you this, will you worship God if He were to stop blessing you? would you still acknowledge that He is God?
if your answer is (b), then i'm glad, cos the God we serve is the same today, yesterday and forevermore.
if your answer is (c), then i'm glad that you're obeying God's word, but is the focus on God, or His word?
and if your answer is (d), I don't know what to say/ ask...
but all in all, i guess our focus should be directed to God, and the reason why we worship Him is because of who He is, and because we want to...
Here's a song which sparked this thought... and let me leave you with one last thought together with the song - Would you still worship Him if He took away everything from you?
For Who You Are
VERSE I
Standing here in Your presence
Thinking of the good things You have done
Waiting here patiently
Just to hear Your still small voice again
Holy righteous faithful to the end
Saviour hero redeemer and friend
CHORUS
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
Jesus
BRIDGE
My soul secure, Your promise sure
Your love endures, always
Do you worship God:
a) because of the blessings God has blessed you with/ the blessings God can bless you with
b) simply for who He is
c) because the bible says so
d) because everybody does so
if your answer is (a), then let me ask you this, will you worship God if He were to stop blessing you? would you still acknowledge that He is God?
if your answer is (b), then i'm glad, cos the God we serve is the same today, yesterday and forevermore.
if your answer is (c), then i'm glad that you're obeying God's word, but is the focus on God, or His word?
and if your answer is (d), I don't know what to say/ ask...
but all in all, i guess our focus should be directed to God, and the reason why we worship Him is because of who He is, and because we want to...
Here's a song which sparked this thought... and let me leave you with one last thought together with the song - Would you still worship Him if He took away everything from you?
For Who You Are
VERSE I
Standing here in Your presence
Thinking of the good things You have done
Waiting here patiently
Just to hear Your still small voice again
Holy righteous faithful to the end
Saviour hero redeemer and friend
CHORUS
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
I will worship You for who You are
Jesus
BRIDGE
My soul secure, Your promise sure
Your love endures, always