Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

back to the basics...

it's so true that one can be caught up with so much stuff that we forget about our basics... i have to admit that i had also just pushed the basics aside, until just a while ago... i was surfing the net and i came across this sharing...

"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Matthew 11:28

So basically, it speaks about the love the Lord has for you. The love He showers upon you because you are His beloved child, each and everyone of you. He is so willing to give you rest. To just take that burden off you. But think about it, have you been turning to Him for rest? And are you willing to do so? Have you been keeping them all to yourself, locking that burden-filled heart of yours?

Never, and I mean never keep them to yourselves. Because one day, you'll realise that at some point of time, you will die. Not literally, but die as in reach break point, when you feel so drained and you dont have that will to carry on lving any longer...

I cant deny the fact that I was like that. I kept things to myself, and never liked opening up to anyone. Keeping the burdens buried deep, deep within... I didnt ever turn to God for rest and it was what i should have done. That was my past. Dont let that happen to you, ever. For you will defnitely regret it when you start flipping back on the pages of your life.

Friends casn help us through a period of time in your life when you are burdened and tired and need help. Yes they can but you wont feel totally at ease and neither will you feel that the burden has totally been lifted off your chest. Because it hasnt and wont ever be. Because only God can give you that peace in your heart that you desire so much. He's the only one that can give you rest. So turn to him... turn to him for rest.

So before I end this, just a short reminder that when you depend on God for strength, when you give him the burdens of your heart, when you seek him and find refuge in him, you'll realise that life would be so much more less hectic and tiring than it was before.

This is a short sharing, but I hope that you've learnt something from it.

His love is yours to keep.

-****

when i read this, it served as a huge reminder to me. no doubt it's basics, but i needed it, i guess...

God, bring me back to the place of totally reliance on You.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?