Sunday, August 13, 2006
If I Had to Start All Over Again
ok... now this is a poem i like... *thanks joan for all the trouble* =)
adapted from Pastor Jeff's parents' day sermon... the title is the title to this post...
If I had to start all over again,
I would finger-paint more, and point the fingers less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I would take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I would take more hikes and fly more kites.
I would stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would do more hugging and less tugging.
I would build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I would teach less about the love of power, and more about the power to love.
adapted from Pastor Jeff's parents' day sermon... the title is the title to this post...
If I had to start all over again,
I would finger-paint more, and point the fingers less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I would take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more.
I would take more hikes and fly more kites.
I would stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would do more hugging and less tugging.
I would build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I would teach less about the love of power, and more about the power to love.