Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Friendship

Take note: I don't want to mention names in this blog due to the nature of it.

Here are a few definitions of friend:

1. Somebody emotionally close to another: somebody who has a close personal relationship of mutual affection and trust with another


2. Acquaintance: somebody who has a casual relationship with another, for example, a business acquaintance

3. Ally: somebody who is not an enemy

Well, I realized that I have a few definition 1 friends, a lot of definition 2 friends and a lot of definition 3 friends too... *BTW... this blog is mainly talking about definition 1 type of friends*

for the past years (note: "past years" doesn't include this year), I only had like 2 or 3 definition 1 friends... and even for this 2 to 3 friends, I still don't know if I had a close personal relationship of mutual affection with them. Yes, I do trust them, but then again, I don't share my burdens (emotional and non-emotional)... *trust me, bottling emotions is very uncomfortable, unpleasant and it is definitely bad for health...* but, then again, there were a few others who wanted to be my friends (definition 1 friend) but, I "rejected" them and "demoted" them to definition 2 friends... some of them, till this day are still definition 2 friends to me... *sigh*... all my fault... then again, this year is a turning point though... made a lot more definition 1 friends and I really needed them... *thanks to all who helped made my day, one way or another, everyday... and thank God for friends like you pple* anyway, I still do not often (that means I still do, sometimes) share my emotions, good or bad; happy or sad... but I have learn what it means by “letting go of me, holding on to You” (adapted from Centre of my Life) and when I think more into the song, it’s not just about pride when it comes to that line, but emotions too... letting go of my emotions, but holding on to God’s... anyway, I need to catch some sleep... *gotta wake up at 6am to mop the whole house!!!*

meanings of the different colours:
red - important, pls take note
orange - definition, from encarta
other colours - nothing specific

This blog entry is adapted from my deep thoughts. Oh yah, if you want to know whether you are a definition 1 friend of mine, feel free to come and ask me, but be prepared cos not everybody is a definition 1 friend of mine.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?